TABERNACLE Funeral Information
Our deepest condolences are extended along with our prayers of comfort and strength for the entire family. Please have someone to notify Pastor and the church office (TBICJAX@comcast.net or 904-356-3362) or your Deacon district leader at your earliest convenience when death, hospice, trauma or surgery is at hand. As it relates to funerals held at Tabernacle, we pray that you will find the following information helpful to you during your planning and arrangements.
WHEN DEATH OCCURS
When there is a death of a love one, Tabernacle’s first priority is to offer the bereaved family spiritual support that includes, but are not limited to, prayer for the family, caring compassion, love and guidance. At the time of death, Membership Status is a very relevant matter because it determines the church privileges available and the amount of church expenses that will be incurred by the church and/or family. Membership is not determined solely by a person visiting or attending a church frequently. To be a Covenant member, a person must publicly join, complete the Membership Orientation Classes, and annually maintain their active membership status through sufficient financial contributions, ministry participation, and by maintaining a current Membership Profile in the church records yearly.
CLICK HERE FOR FUNERAL PROGRAM AND DETAIL INFORMATION
|TBIC FUNERAL & FACILITY FEES
|FOR TBIC COVENANT MEMBER
|NON-MEMBER, IMMEDIATE FAMILY
|NON-MEMBER, NON-IMMEDIATE FAMILY
|REPAST FACILITIES ONLY
|FUNERAL & REPAST TOTAL
|2-HOUR VIEWING @ TBIC
*REPAST FEE IS FOR THE USE OF THE FACILITIES ONLY AND DOES NOT INCLUDE FOOD, DRINKS, PLATES, NAPKINS, EATING UTENSILS, ETC. WHICH IS PROVIDED BY THE FAMILY INSTEAD OF THE CHURCH.
TABERNACLE CHOIR AND USHERS:
1) **FOR COVENANT MEMBER FUNERALS, THE CHOIR AND USHER MINISTRIES ARE EXPECTED TO SERVE. The Tabernacle Choir and Usher Ministries are reserved and provided Free of Charge and solely based upon the availability of the individual choir members and ushers.
2) **FOR NON-MEMBER FUNERALS, THE CHOIR AND USHER MINISTRIES ARE NOT RESERVED TO SERVE. However, the family or Members of Tabernacle may feel free to personally ask fellow church members to serve as choir and ushers at A NON-MEMBER FUNERAL.
3) **TBIC MUSIC STAFF IS PROVIDED FOR ALL FUNERALS HELD AT TABERNACLE. ALSO, OUTSIDE GUEST MUSICIANS AND GUEST SOLOISTS ARE WELCOMED TO SERVE AT A NON-MEMBER FUNERAL AS ARRANGED BY THE FAMILY. However, any guest musician fee or guest soloist fee to be paid to the musician or soloist is to be arranged and paid by the family directly to the musicians and soloists. Tabernacle is not responsible for guest musician and guest soloists fees, nor are such fees included in the Tabernacle Non-Member Funeral sanctuary usage fee.
PALLBEARERS (Those Who Carry The Casket At A Funeral)
Pallbearers are usually family and friends of the deceased or bereaved family who are identified and chosen by the family (not the church). If no family or friends are available to serve as pallbearers, the Minister will make an open plea at the end of the funeral on behalf of the family to request for anyone present in the congregation to graciously come forward to voluntarily serve as a pallbearer.
TBIC FUNERAL PROGRAMS AND ORDER OF SERVICE:
1) TBIC COVENANT MEMBER FUNERAL PROGRAMS: 100 black and white copies of a double sided 8.5 x 11.5 page are available free of charge to the family. The original funeral program must be created and provided by the family before 100 free copies can be reproduced.
2) **NON-MEMBER FUNERAL PROGRAMS: The family is responsible for providing any and all funeral programs at their expense. A draft copy of the funeral program before final print should be forwarded to the church and Pastor as a courtesy and for final approval of the funeral program in order to avoid unexpected changes after the final printing or unexpected changes made during the funeral. Only what is permitted by Tabernacle will be allowed in the Sanctuary.